In part 5 of the Compare/Contrast Essay Series, we explore the beauty of rough draft feedback.
Time for the handing back of rough drafts! Students have put together their introduction rough drafts, body paragraph rough drafts, and conclusion rough drafts to form a first draft of their Compare/Contrast Essay about the topic:
Is our modern American society more similar to or different from the Uglies Dystopian Society/World?
Basically, are Americans doomed as a society to become a dystopian world? Here is an outline of general feedback from me for drafts:
- Red pen=PRAISE! THESE ARE THE AREAS OF YOUR WRITING THAT WERE SHINING LIKE STARS.
- Blue pen=GIVE! THESE ARE THE AREAS OF YOUR WRITING THAT NEED YOU TO GIVE THE MOST ATTENTION. These are critical areas of improvement.
- carrot with an I=Insert Introduction to evidence (make it so the citation makes sense to your reader...they want to know what is going on)
- carrot with an E=Insert Explanation of evidence, more details and elaboration about why THAT quotation or citation matters to the text, please.
- Picture of other focus areas (inserted after notes):
Exemplar papers from BOTH organizational methods:
Title shoutout: "Sinking Ship or Dawn of a New Age" and "Non-Fiction and Fiction: Opposites or Synonyms"